Top best answers to the question «Can you password protect an access database»
- On the File tab,click Open .
- In the Open dialog box,browse to the file that you want to open,and then select the file.
- Click the arrow next to the Open button,and then click Open Exclusive . The following figure depicts the menu.
- On the File tab,click Info,and then click Encrypt with Password . The Set Database Password dialog box appears.
- Type your password in the Password box,type it again in the Verify box,and then click OK . Notes:Use strong passwords that combine uppercase and lowercase letters,numbers,and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password ...
1 other answer
Yes, but you must follow specific procedures when opening the database you want to protect. See related links for screen shots and details about how to protect an Access 2007 database. Of course, you always could use one of dozens of commercial applications to encrypt and password protect any file on your computer.